Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cracking Up








Shirt: Ebay Skirt: Thrifted Vest: Fossil Sandals: Old Navy

crackle nail polish


Let's take our focus off of how pissed off I look in the first picture, and talk about how adorable Toby is. The sun was just in my eyes, really. Or we can talk about how this is an extra large Queen shirt I made into a tunic. That's actually not that exciting. Let's go back to Toby. Adorable, right? Oh! and the crackle nail polish!

If I had enough patience I would look through my entire Twitter feed to find a tweet I sent out back in October asking if anyone knew where I could get crackle nail polish. I remember it from when I was a kid, and I wanted to do it for Halloween. Well, besides the fact that nobody responded to the tweet, I still couldn't find it anywhere. Fast forward a couple months, Katy Perry comes out with an OPI collection that includes a black "shatter" nail polish, and everyone's acting like this is a new concept. Everywhere I look, it's sold out. Then I see OPI has a Pirates of the Caribbean collection with silver shatter polish. Again, can't find it anywhere. Then the other day I was getting my nails done and the guy goes, "have you tried crackle nail polish?" and I told him my whole life story about it, and he goes, "oh we have it" and of course, I have to get it. At first I was going to get pink, but then I thought, why not go with the obnoxiously bright neon orange? That's appropriate. The rest is history. Alright, kiddies, story time's over.

Other outfits with these pieces:
Coco Cabana Birthday Outfit Weardrobe Vest take 3

6 comments :

  1. For what it's worth, I think you're a great writer! I really enjoyed this post, and the one about Summertime.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that nail polish, I have the black one but I think it may be time for a pink one too =) it is hard to find though you are right-- I had one of my friends stalk it out for me!

    I am having a give-a-way on my blog, check it out if you like! ($25 to Vantage Point Vintage's online store: http://www.shopvpv.com/

    http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/2011/04/best-day-ever-give-wayyyyyyyy.html

    <3 emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo yea crackle polish looks good! love the orange. are those your real nails? i cannot get mine to grow for the life of me. no such pretty nails for me!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the nail-polish story, especially your remark about how all of a sudden everyone is acting like Crackle/Shatter polish has never been done before. I was thinking the same thing.
    I love the play on proportions with this outfit, and I reallllly love the jean vest. It's so summertime chic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dress, and your dog !




    xx



    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG
    Feel free to follow if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute look, cute pup! I wanna find the black crackle, I didn't know about it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...