Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Side French Braid Bun

IMG_1288

IMG_1289

IMG_1294

IMG_1293


The other day I was searching Youtube looking for a Lilly Van Der Woodsen-inspired hair tutorial. I know, can I get a more random person to be inspired by? Anyway, through my search I found this video of a side french braid bun. I've never been good at french braiding, especially on myself, but I was feeling adventurous so I decided to give it a try. This was the result of my FIRST TRY! I could have wept with how proud I was of myself. I didn't want to take it out when it was time for bed because I knew it was beginner's luck and I'd never be able to replicate it. The next day I decided to try it again to wear to work. It took me three tries, but it looked decent. I went to work and my boss goes, "I can tell that's your I'm-running-late-hair-do." I thought to myself, 'except that I woke up an hour early to do it...' Le sigh. I guess that means it looked effortless? Thumbs up?

8 comments :

  1. I think it looks great, well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I always love a good french braid, and you did a great job!

    xo L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT. Saving this for later.

    P.S. What are you wearing tomorrow??!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, it's absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so elegant. I absolutely love it! I've never been able to do a french braid but I think I'll give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks AMAZING. I can barely regular braid my hair, and I never learned how to French braid, so I think your pride is completely justified. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Lily Van der woodsen is always so posh. I could totally see her with that do! you pull it off well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...