Monday, April 18, 2011

Sephora VIB Loot

sephora tote





Sephora goodies





samples


Last Thursday I went to Sephora's VIB shopping premiere party at my local Sephora. It was a night where VIB's could go shopping and get 15% off and some free goodies (including this reusable tote). Upon arriving they gave out beaded necklaces and a bingo card-- 9 squares that you had to complete around the store with things such as: check out perfume wall and pick your favorite scent, and name 3 Hot Now colors, etc. and you could turn it in for a free bag of samples. So it was something to complete while I was loading up my basket.
Here is what I ended up getting:
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface. This new line of amazon clay blushes has been all the hype lately, and for good reason: it's made from actual clay harvested from the Amazon river and is packed full of skin care benefits and vitamins. It's also free of any chemicals, sulfates or parabens. It comes in a variety of colors, but I picked dollface, a light baby pink. I think it's a universal color that flatters every skin tone. Whether I'm going to keep my natural pale skin, or self-tan this summer, I know this blush will still look amazing.

NARS Illuminator in Copacabana. I've used this almost everyday since I purchased it and it is uh-ma-zing. You can use it under your makeup, on top of your makeup, or as a highlighter, kind of along the lines as NARS multiples, but in liquid form. I mix it in with a tinted moisturizer and it gives the most amazing glow. It makes your skin look super dewy, which some people might shy away from if they think it might come off as looking oily, but for someone who has super dry skin, I love the look of really hydrated, healthy skin. But even if you chose to only use it as a highlighter on the cheekbones, it would still make your face instantly brighter and glowy.

Bumble and Bumble Texture (un)dressing creme and prep to-go. I have super straight, super fine hair and I want nothing more for it to be voluminously unkept and wavy. It seems like it doesn't make sense to spend so much time making your hair look like you just rolled out of bed, but sometimes that's just the way the cookie crumbles when you aren't blessed with naturally luscious locks. I've switched my hair routine to include almost exclusively of Bumble and Bumble and Victoria's Secret So Sexy products. (Yes I am one of those suckers that think buying a Victoria's Secret product will make me look like a VS model. No luck, but the products are wonderful nonetheless.) Bumble and Bumble has a pretty heavy cult following and now I can see why; their products don't disappoint. I first heard of the texture creme when I was swooning over this girl's hair and thought, that creme will make my hair look like that? Sold. Right now I'm still playing around with it and seeing what it has to offer my hair, but so far I'm pretty pleased.

Benefit's Erase Paste in No. 1. I'm sure I've mentioned this concealer on the blog before, I've been a fan of it forever, but I decided to repurchase it again. I've been using my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage religiously, and I still love it, but wanted something different. They're two completely different concealers-- Mercier's is a pressed cream that needs to be worked to make it spreadable whereas Benefit's is already super creamy straight from the jar. Both are great concealers, I just like variety.

Josie Maran Argan Daily moisturizer. I've used this 4 or 5 times since getting it and it's already a new favorite. Again, no chemicals, sulfates or parabens, has great skin benefits and it makes your skin feel super soft.

I also got the Sephora precision pore cleansing pad and Philosophy body wash (for my free bday gift), both I am very pleased with.

So all in all, it was a very successful shopping trip. Got a lot of new stuff that I'm completely in love with and feel will be staples within my beauty regime from here on out. Did anyone else go to any VIB shopping events?! Whatda get?

1 comment :

  1. Wow that is an incredible haul! I adore getting new beauty products, it is just so nice to try them all and pamper yourself. enjoy them! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...