Monday, October 5, 2009

The Southern Rose B&B


IMG_2149

the road less traveled
The road to get there, you felt like Indiana Jones when you drove it at night

IMG_2137

IMG_2115

IMG_2113

IMG_2018

IMG_2019
Can you see the cow and her baby calf? so cute!

IMG_2016



IMG_2017

IMG_2013

IMG_2022

IMG_2105

IMG_2134

a texas stone

IMG_2138


The day after we got to Texas we drove out to a town outside of Austin called Chappell Hill to a stay at the Southern Rose Ranch. It was my first time staying at a bed & breakfast, and it was such a great experience! It was so secluded and relaxing and there were cows and horses and chickens roaming around; We even got farm fresh eggs for breakfast one of the days! The whole place reminded me of my sister's wedding last year, when we stayed at a lodge on a farm outside of Waco, Tx. I wouldn't say I'm a country girl, but I definitely welcome a stay in the country every once in awhile. Its nice to feel like you're acutally "getting away" I would absolutely recommend a stay here to anyone thinking of visiting southern Texas!

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...