Here's a round-up of all my go-to products for the month of November. I've been wearing these pretty much everyday this month and they haven't let me down.
1. EOS lip balm in summer fruit. This stuff is absolutely uh-maz-ing. Not only does it come in an adorable little egg, but it's 100% organic and it's the best lip balm I've ever tried. My lips get nightmareishly (real word) chapped and this makes them so moisturized and so soft. I actually think everyone's getting one of these in their Christmas presents this year.
2. SJP NYC Perfume. I love this perfume. It's my new staple scent. I've had it in my purse this entire month. It smells sweet and vanilla-y, and the packaging is so cute. I have it in a .5 oz, but I'm definitely going to get a bigger bottle when I repurchase it.
3. MAC eyeshadow in Woodwinked. Ever since I dyed my hair darker, I've been able to get away with darker eye shadows and woodwinked is the first one I grab for. It's a bronzey brown shimmery gold. So pretty on. Instant sultry eyes.
4. Benefit Cream Shadow in Tattle Tale. This is one of my favorite things to highlight with. Occasionally I'll use it as a primer for my eyes, but the majority of the time I'm putting it on the tops of my cheek bones, down my nose, on the brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes. I like that it's a cream so it blends really well and makes it look like the highlight is your skin and not a shimmery powder sitting on top of it. Instant dewiness.
5. Clinque Cream Liner in True Black. I can't remember life before this cream liner. I'd usually go for a more brown eyeliner because I always thought black was too harsh for me, but lately I've been obsessed with darker eyes and this makes your eyeliner flawless. I apply it with an angled brush and then set it with a black eyeshadow, usually carbon or beauty marked from MAC.
6. Burt's Bees Peach & Willowbark deep pore scrub. I've been extremely loyal to this exfoliator. I've repurchased it probably about 10 times. I love that it's 98% natural, it's mild and not abrasive (I use it every other day) and it doesn't leave my skin dry. It feels like it actually moisturizes your skin after you rinse it off. As you can see, I'm almost done with this bottle... I was contemplating sticking with this one or maybe trying out something else, any suggestions?
7. My favorite lipsticks this month have been Revlon Colorburst in Grape and MAC lipstick in Russian Red (obviously. how many posts am I wearing it in?) Again, the darker hair, layers of clothes and colder weather has made it so much more easier to get away with dark lip colors. Deep purple and bright red, two colors I've been so reluctant to wear are now my two favorites. Go figure. It might be my new trade mark.
And now that I've showed you my favorite tried-and-true products, here's the products I'm going to try out for the month of December:
1. Fusion Beauty illumifill, Lipfusion Infatuation in In The Flesh, and Lipfusion XL. I got these deluxe Beauty Fusion samples as my 500 point gift from Sephora (it also came with some mascara which I've already started to use and already really like). It's the infamous lip-plumping products (or in the case of the illumifill, line plumping). I'm excited to try them because who doesn't want plumper lips? but I'm also a little scared because my lips are so sensitive, and get irritated so easily (ie. I can't wear any lip product with menthol in it or my lips will blister. yikes.) So I'm crossing my fingers that it's mild enough to not irritate my lips while still getting the job done.
2. Clinque color surge eye shadow trio. I think what I love most about this is the diagram of the huge eye on the mirror (it's just a sticker that peels off, but I can't get myself to take it off haha) Still, I really love the colors of this trio. Neutral, everyday colors that seem like they'd be a staple in my makeup routine.
3. Urban Decay glide on eye pencil in Zero. I'm really spoiled with my cream liner, but sometimes when I'm running late and am strapped for time, it's faster just to use a pencil eyeliner. I feel like "glide on" means it goes on really easy. Let's hope.
4. MAC Sassy Pink Lassies Lipglasses in: Sassy Lassie, The Wee Coquette, Fab Fun, Electro Lush, and Frozen Dream. You may have already seen my tweet about how excited I was when this kit arrived at my house. I love all these colors. As much as I'm raving about dark lips, I'm still a nudish pink lipped girl at heart.
and lastly, I'm going talk about the products I was going to try during the past month and what I thought about them. So here we go.
1&2. I've been using the Bare mineral powder and Laura Mercier powder every day and I love both of them. They actually give really great coverage while making it look like I'm not wearing anything. I think I might like how the Laura Mercier powder looks after a couple of hours more though, maybe because of how it mixes with my skins natural oils, but my skin always seems dewier and a bit more, shall I say, radiant? I think I like when my skin looks like that because I have such dry skin that anything that makes it look moisturized and hydrated I love. I'll probably repurchase the Laura Mercier one again, just because it comes in a bigger size than what Bare Minerals comes in, but I do love the Bare Mineral bronzer. I don't like the primer though, it's greasy and slimy like Smashbox's. All in all though, both are fantastic products.
3. I didn't try the Sugar lip scrub because I'm going to send it back. Someone (coughCarliecough) talked me out of it and for good reason: natural sugar and honey would probably would just as well for a fraction of the cost. So therefore, I can't give a review because I never used it.
4. Benefit Boi-ing concealer has been a lifesaver. While Bare Minerals evens out my skin, Boi-ing covers up the spots and blemishes. I dab it only where I need it with a sponge wedge until the spot almost completely disappears. I also like that it's a bit lighter, so if you use it under your eyes it almost makes your eyes look more bright and highlighted. I've only had this a month and I've already almost hit pan, that's how much I use it. Benefit's concealers never disappoint.
Whew, that's a lot of products! Congratulations if you made it this far and didn't fall asleep. And if I still have your attention, what are your favorite must-have products? Any suggestions of what I should try? I'd love to hear it!
and if this wasn't enough for you, you can check out my October products.