1. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Cream Cleanser and moisturizer. I got this combo out of pure desperation. I had bought some Benzoyl peroxide in an attempt to clear up my breakouts. Rather than just dabbing it on the specific spots that needed it, I applied it rather generously around my face. Bad. Idea. My skin was so dry it started peeling and felt like it was burning anytime I tried to put makeup on. I couldn't even think of washing my face that had even the slightest hint of exfoliant without cringing. So that night I tried looking for the creamiest, most moisturizing cleanser. That's when I came across these. Ultra-calming, moisturizing AND cream all on the container? It sounded like a dream in a bottle for my tortured skin. It really did help. and I've continued using it at night since then and I love it, especially the moisturizer. It makes my skin dewy and fresh-looking. I'd highly recommend both of these, especially if you have sensitive skin.
2. My "Coffee in New York" palette from the Color Play from Sephora Palette. I have to say that I love all 5 of the individual palettes from this collection, and I love it even more that it comes with a traveling compact so you can just pop out whichever palette you want to take with you. These neutral colors of browns have been my best friend this month. This is the only eye makeup I took with me to my sister's house a couple weeks ago. I used it as eyeshadow, eyeliner and eyebrow filler. It even comes with a nice peachy blush, too.
3. Pond's Evening Soothe makeup removing wipes. My sister got me hooked on these. I normally just take off my makeup with some cheapy wipes, but these ones are 100x's more fantastic. First of all, they are textured wipes, so it exfoliates your skin while you remove your makeup, and secondly they smell HEAVENLY. They have chamomile and white tea in them and it's the most relaxing scent to smell when you're taking your makeup off for the night and climbing into bed. They're my new favorite.
4. I've been going back and forth between Oyster Girl MAC lipglass and Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Lilac Pastelle. I don't know what to say about them other then they're both really light and super pretty... and they look great over MAC lipstick in Creme De Nude and Myth aaaand I'm obsessed.
So those are my stand-out items for October. and with impeccable timing, my package from Sephora arrived on my doorstep this morning. So I'll be trying out a few new things in November:
1. Bare Minerals starter kit. I've wanted to try Bare Minerals for awhile now. I've heard really good things about it, and I thought maybe giving my skin a break from heavy liquid foundations might do it some good.
2. Laura Mercier Mineral Powder. I also got some mineral powder from Laura Mercier since I couldn't decide which mineral powder to try, and I've heard good things about both. I thought I'd give myself some options to see which I like better.
3. Sugar Lip Polish. I have chronically chapped lips. It's awful. Any sort of lip product dries my lips out and leaves them either filmy or flaky. I just can't win. I thought maybe if I start using a sugar polish on them, it will leave them smooth and flake-free. We shall see.
4. Benefit Boi-ing concealer. As you may or may not know, I'm on a continuous search for the World's Greatest Concealer. I remember getting Boi-ing as a duo with Eye Bright. The Boi-ing side is completely scraped out gone; so obviously I really liked it. I decided to get it in a regular size and try it again.
So those are some of the products I'm trying out for November. I'll keep you updated and let you know how they work out. Have any of you tried these products? What are your thoughts?