Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Words of Wisdom Wednesday



I've been thinking about this question a lot lately. When I was a kid, I felt completely fearless. I was shy, yes, but I was also invincible. I went on rollercoasters, I tried out for school plays, I wrote celebrities letters asking for autographs, as if they'd actually read it. Why? Because I didn't fear rejection, I wasn't scared that something might not work out, I took chances. Somewhere along the way of growing up I lost that. I'm not as fearless as I once was, which is a shame since this is the time I could use it the most. So, yes, I remember what being fearless felt like... the real question is, how do I get that back?

4 comments :

  1. really true, I feel like the more we learn the more we learn to be afraid of.

    p.s. that looks like my town's log ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true... the more we learn the more we become afraid. I think the older we get the more we equate being fearless with being irresponsible or careless. I think instead of just going for things, we start to think "there's so much at stake... there's so much to lose." and the What If's run over and over in our minds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god, your words so resonate! to add to your list, i used to be fearless about my body too. yes, less fear, more adventure. i'm moving to new york soon. i'm going to chase new experiences ruthlessly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, definitely fearless about my body! Running around the beach and water parks without a care in the world. That's awesome you're moving to New York! That's definitely something that's both fearful and amazing! I hope you love it and have great adventures :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...