Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Moccasin Moment


I'm totally having a moccasin moment... that has turned into a moccasin dilemma. Out of nowhere, I decided that all I really want to wear this fall are boots and moccasins. And while I know that's probably ridiculous, and I'm going to wear other shoes besides just boots and moccasins (since I don't even own a pair of moccasins, for one) I just can't shake the feeling that moccasins are probably the most comfortable shoes ever, and that gets me excited. The problem is, you'd think a moccasin is a moccasin is a moccasin, and that they're all the same-- but as I've found out, they are not the same at all! I have no idea what color I want (brown? black? tan?) what style I want (traditional? bootie?) or if I want to get soft sole or rubber sole, fringe or no fringe? I need help! Any thoughts or opinions?

8 comments :

  1. The last pair is absolutely gorgeous! Go for it!
    Have a beautiful Saturday!


    http://jungleworldcitizen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling the same way about moccasins and I can't even picture myself wearing them! Maybe it's because they scream fall. They look so comfortable though, and they're calling my name. I'm in love with this pair from J. Crew, and I'm actually glad they have such a high price; it should keep them from finding a way into my closet: http://www.jcrew.com/womens_feature/jcrewcollection/shoes/PRDOVR~25074/25074.jsp

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the third pair, I think the bootie is the way to go for fall! Maybe in the spring you can get more of a traditional slipper type pair. They are adorable! Love, A
    www.365fashionrehab.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sort of hybrid loafer-moc. I just got a pair of Tory Burch moc's and I love them. UGG is making some really great ones too. So comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever you buy, make sure if you're wearing them outside they have a rubber sole! Otherwise they're really meant for indoors and will fall apart ASAP.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In University I bought as pair of classic fur lined moccasins and got them soled at a shoe place. I wore them to death. Boys hated them but they were so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love my moccasins! though, i've never worn them outside my apartment other than at my parents cottage when i wear them everywhere! the soft soles are surprisingly durable, theyve lasted me three summers of use on rocks/dirt/trails, and it's fun to feel everything underfoot. the only thing is they provide no support, so they are not comfortable if you're going to be spending a lot of time on your feet throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering how softsoles would work out... how comfortable they'd be to walk in and if you could even wear them outside. I think I'd prefer hard soles because getting fabric soles dirty kind of grosses me out. I think the style I'm really leaning towards only comes in soft sole though... ugh, figures! haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...