Saturday, December 19, 2009

Fringe and Flappers

flapper

flapper

flapper


To all my East Coast readers: I'd like to say I'm sorry to hear about all the snow you're getting, but the truth is, I'm actually kind of jealous. It was 75 degrees here today, and it's not feeling like Christmas! But now onto the outfit...

I bought a flapper dress at a thrift store awhile ago, like an actual costume flapper dress. I've been trying to figure out a way to wear it without it making look like I'm going to a costume party. Then I started seeing fringe skirts as a trend and thought-- That's it! I would wear it as a skirt. I still wanted to keep the feel of the 'flapper' part, so I put a dress over it to give the illusion of a drop waist, and of course threw on my spectators. I think Jay Gatsby would be proud.

dress: American Apparel
flapper dress: thrifted
belt: thrifted
shoes: ebay

2 comments :

  1. this is really cute and an interesting mix of themes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stripes and fringe combo -- so chic! I used to have a flapper dress but didn't know how to style it, and ended up Goodwilling it, sigh. I think you did a really great job making this dress work in everyday life. Have a great week! - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...