Tuesday, August 2, 2011

HANAair Blow dryer review



A couple weeks ago Misikko sent me a HANA blow dryer to try out and review. I was really excited because I know how important styling tools are to your hair routine and one of the best investments you can make regarding your hair is a good blow dryer. I've been using a CHI blow dryer for the last few years, which I really like a lot, but I was eager to try something new, especially since HANAair is considered one of the best blow dryers on Misikko.

I should probably tell you that I don't wash my hair everyday, so I don't blow dry my hair everyday and even when I do wash it (about 2 to 3 times a week) sometimes I just let it air dry-- so it took me a little longer to try it out and form an opinion about it.



The first time I used it, I noticed it had two separate switches on the handle, one blue and the other red, which I assumed was to control the cold and warm temperature settings, which is easy enough. This is where it got a little tricky-- only the blue switch actually turns the blow dryer on, once the cold switch is on, you can turn on the red switch and control the heat temperature. But then it got even trickier! I turned the heat switch on, but still only cold air was blowing out. So I tried pushing the top button, that is normally a "cool shot" button on other dryers, and to my surprise hot air started blowing out! And it isn't a regular button that you have to keep your finger pressed down on it, it just clicks in and out, so you can keep it clicked in to get automatic heat. It didn't take too long to figure it out, it was just a bit different than other blow dryers I've had, but once I got the hang of what switches did what, it was pretty easy.

It isn't as quiet as my CHI is, but it doesn't really bother me. It still makes my hair feel soft, and that's really what's important. I like that it has ionic heat and tourmaline technology-- I find that dryers with those qualities tend to give my hair the best results. I also like that it doesn't just have a one temperature setting with a cool shot button-- but the option of controlling the heat with low, medium and high settings-- which is especially nice in the summer when it's already as hot as it is.

Misikko also sent me some HANA Shine Shield that I put on my hair before I blow dry it-- and it's amazing. It made my hair really soft and shiny, which is what I need for how much I curl/tease/wrap/pin/whatever to my hair. This is the first time I've used any HANA products, but I'm really impressed with what I've tried so far and will most likely try other things from their product line in the future.

You guys can find all these things on Misikko.com along with other products like professional flat irons and curling irons. Have you tried any of these products? What did you think about them?

1 comment :

  1. thank you for the information, although I prefer the Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Dryer which works amazingly, dries my hair really fast and keeps my hair smooth, shiny and healthy. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...