Sunday, August 7, 2011

Back in the Saddle again






Shirt: Kohl's Skirt: Thrifted Sandals: Forever 21 Necklace: World Market



mama

My mom and me, and her glasses that make me wish I didn't have 20/20 vision.


First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who commented on my post last week with such nice and understanding words. I've since deleted the post because I didn't think it needed to be up permanently since I hope the feelings I was having weren't permanent either. It is true that stepping away from your blog for awhile makes you realize and understand what it was that made you start it in the first place. It's just that sometimes you get to these plateaus in blogging where you feel uninspired and uncreative and you start to question your motives for spending so much time on something. So thank you all for being understanding and supportive! It really did help to get feedback from you all. I honestly have the best readers and I can't thank you guys enough for how supportive you've always been for me.

But I'm starting to feel inspired again. Shortly after I wrote that entry I got a phone call from my local mall telling me that I was a semi-finalist in a styling contest I had entered a few weeks ago. I was so not expecting to get chosen, and was so excited that I did. Now that I'm a semi-finalist, the mall gave me a $150 gift card that I can use to put together an outfit around something from my own closet. I was so eager to get started but so overwhelmed with having to narrow it down to one look and style and started going through stacks of magazines in my room and visiting every blog and street style website in my bookmarks to gather ideas and inspiration. I once again started to feel that excitement of picking out outfits and styling up a look and quickly remembered why I started this blog in the first place. This opportunity was just the reassurance and kick-in-the-pants I needed. I love how things have a way of working out and falling into place. And even if I don't make it to the final round of the contest, at least I know it's helping me get out of my blogging slump and for that I am extremely grateful!

10 comments :

  1. I didn't catch the previous post, but I'm glad you're feeling inspired again and participating in contests! You look so fab here, the flowing separates and that necklace are perfect! and you and momma are adorbs :)


    <3Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sheer, airy look of that skirt :) The whole outfit is really cute too

    ~Tammy
    www.bayparkdream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back! I always look forward your posts. Your skirt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back! That skirt is such an awesome thrift find, and I'm dying over the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're back and wearing an awesome necklace. I also like the tree perfectly placed behind you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was happy to read that you are feeling inspired again! I love your blog and admire your sense of style. The picture of you and your mom is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you are back! I missed the previous post, but I'm looking forward to your future outfits!

    And congrats on being a finalist in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you're back :) I love your posts. And tell your mama I love her glasses...and that I said congrats on finishing school :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited for you! And I can't even lie, I'm happy to see your smiling face again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...