Friday, September 18, 2009

Starting my fall wardrobe

new goodies


So believe it or not, last night I made my FIRST TRIP EVER to H&M! I was always under the impression that the closest H&M was in orange county and never got around to actually going to it, so when my sister told me that there was one in the Riverside mall, I had to go. And the above picture is all the goodies I left with (minus the orange skirt which is from Anthropologie, but I felt like it still deserved some camera time.) I feel like I've been so good with not buying clothes and saving my money that I kind of went a little crazy. But sometimes adding a little freshness into your cloest is a good thing.

The only downside was that it meant having to go to the mall, which I've never been a big fan of. Though, this time it wasn't bad at all... it wasn't crowded and I think some retail therapy did me some good. BUT, not being used to going to the mall I forget that you actually have to WALK and for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to wear some strappy wedges. I remember them being comfy when I wore them to my hair appt (later realizing, hmmm hair appts don't involve too much walking) but they were definitely not comfy by the time I was walking to the car. Now I have two big blisters on both my feet. But all this spending money and attention to my feet made me want to start looking at shoes (go figure) so while looking around online I found these:


and I kind of want them. I think they'd look fabulous with a skinny capri or soft dress. They are, of course, out of my comfort zone, but I think that's what I like about them. And last night I was watching Oprah and she was wearing a shirt with stud pyramids on it and I thought, "this definitely is a sign!" hah. What do you guys think? Would you love them more if I told you they were on sale? because they are!

Also, I would never have any place to wear any of these, but I think they still deserve to be shown, because they're wonderful:






sigh. Fabulous, right?

The first two shoes are from Aldo and the last two shoes are from Bakers. And right now I'm going to go listen to 'Heads Will Roll' by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs AGAIN because I can't stop.

8 comments :

  1. I totally have that (faux) leather skirt from h&m. What a good buy!!!
    -jenloveskev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first haul from h&m. I can't wait to see the new clothes in action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bakers?! Wow, great picks! Love that sassy red shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with the royal blue peep toes!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey I live in Riverside! Poor me. There's also a (better) H&M in Rancho Cucamonga at Victoria Gardens. I don't know if that's closer to you though! I've been eyeing that poppy skirt myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That makes me want to go shopping so bad! I am trying to be a good girl!! Cute stuff!

    julie
    sweetheartdarlin.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Jealous! I wish I had an H & M in Dallas...I def hit it up in Denmark, Paris and NYC though. Loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so, i realize i'm WAY behind the times, but i'm just getting acquainted with your blog (thanks to the girls in the beauty dept @ glamour) - i OWN those blue peep toes from aldo, and i love Love LOVE them, even though they're among the most impractical shoes i own. but they can certainly spice up an otherwise quiet outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...