Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Weekend!

far away


Happy Labor Day Weekend! I'm spending the weekend at Disneyland! This may or may not include actually going to Disneyland because you see, I'm going to attempt to run (or maybe just power walk) the Disneyland half marathon (!!!) I signed up for it about 4 months ago after my sister talked me into it (I'm claiming temporary insanity) At first I romanticized the idea of training, thinking I was going to magically get my body to wake up early and run everyday and be on this uber-healthy diet, which never ended up happening. Unfortunately due to numerous different factors (illness, work schedule, a bad 4 month case of the "blahs") I did not get to train as much as one probably should to run 13.1 miles. I, in fact, haven't ran since mid-August (yikes?) And to top it off my sister's sick and the fires here in California will probably make the air quality miserable! But we've all decided that since we've been planning this for months, have hotel rooms booked and our spots in the marathon paid for (non-refundable might I add) we're still going to try to do it-- if only walk it and get pictures with all the Disney characters and to run the bases at Angels stadium. So wish me luck that my sisters and I actually finish the race without getting admitted into the hospital, hah... I kid... I hope.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

2 comments :

  1. Ooooo, good luck and have fun! I've only run 5K's, but there is such as sense of accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the race went okay! I too entered a race during a moment of insanity (only a 5k mind you) didn't train, but got through it somehow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...