Monday, June 20, 2011

Makeup Bag: Summer Vacation Essentials

beach makeup


While getting ready for my stay on Catalina, I decided I wanted to pack really light, like, only a backpack light. I didn't want to deal with a big suitcase on the boat or the walk to the hotel, and a backpack seemed like the perfect travel bag. That meant that I had to downsize everything, including my makeup. I couldn't bring a caboodle worth of stuff (yeah I just referenced a caboodle). But then I figured, it's summer (not technically, but it feels like it) and I'm going to an island, I don't really need a face full of makeup. So here's a peek into what I brought in my makeup bag, and what I consider to be summer vacation essentials.

Note: I did not include my Aveeno sunblock or Josie Maran moisturizer, but they were most definitely packed.

1. UVSunSense wrist bands: I think these are the coolest things ever. They're UV-activated wrist bands that tell you when you need to reapply sunscreen (and when you need to get out of the sun) by changing colors. Usually people make the mistake of putting sunscreen on in the morning and think they're protected the rest of the day, so I wore these all weekend as a reminder to reapply.

2. Urban Decay Skyscraper mascara: No, it's not waterproof, but it's my favorite, so I brought it. Plus, I wasn't planning on going in the water (Did you know Catalina harbor is the second dirtiest water in California? yuck.)

3. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface: I love this. It's a bubblegum pink blush that looks amazing on all skin tones, and it's made of natural ingredients so you don't feel like it's too heavy or that you're clogging your pores when it gets hot out.

4. Covergirl lipstick in Fairytale: I brought a coral lipstick just in case I wanted something bright on my lips since I brought zero eyeshadow.

5. BareMinerals compact face brush: I think this one's self-explanatory.

6. NARS Illuminator in Copacabana: I mix this into my foundation or moisturizer to give my face an amazing dewy glow.

7. MAC Eyeliner in Smolder: A black eyeliner for night, since I didn't bring eyeshadow, I wanted something to make my eyes stand out.

8. MAC lipstick in Myth: Perfect nude lip.

9. Covergirl tinted moisturizer: lighter than foundation, it moisturizers while still giving you a bit of color and coverage. And a bonus is that it has SPF in it. Perfect for a beach vacation!

10. Laura Mercier secret camouflage concealer: I only wore this under my eyes at night, but it's always good to have a concealer in your makeup bag for emergencies.

So there's my list of summer vacation essentials. What's in your makeup bag this summer?

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing! The UD skyscraper mascara is my absolute favorite!! It was one of my May faves on my blog as well! haha Hope you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using pretty light makeup this summer - Clinique Almost Powder, Benefit Benetint on my cheeks, L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara and a pink Rimmel lip gloss. Sometimes bronzer or eyeliner if I want to be really fancy, but that's it for every day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...