Friday, June 18, 2010

Men's shirt to Girl's Dress

shirt to dress


I found this great tutorial from Made on how to make a man's shirt into a girl's dress. I scrounged through some goodwill bags and found one of my brother's old shirts and made this dress for my niece. I kind of just winged it since I couldn't get the pattern to enlarge on my computer, and I didn't know my niece's exact measurements. So when my sister sent me this picture of her wearing it I was so relieved that it fit! The best part was that the hem and buttons are already done from the shirt and I removed the pocket from the shirt and sewed it back on the dress, so you could whip this up in an afternoon. Total cost of dress: $0.00!

10 comments :

  1. What a cute idea :)

    http://the-not-so-secret-loves-of-bri.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just too cute! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm racking my brain trying to think of a little girl in my life that I can make this for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. uhh..disregard her bed head. haha.;) she loves it though and didn't want to take it off! :) she says thanks auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! This is SUCH a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.What a nice post!Your post is an excellent example of why I keep coming back to read your excellent quality content that is forever updated.I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you.Thanks a lot....

    high visibility clothing

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so cute..... :) You have fully changed the pattern & the look of the mens shirt. I like the idea of making something new from the mens dress shirts. I also will try once & see what can be a new creation from my side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.
    Prom Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a really nice blog, i can relate it to myself Make me a logo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...