Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Saturday



"War is hell, but that's not the half of it, because war is also mystery and terror and adventure and courage and discovery and holiness and pity and despair and longing and love. War is nasty; war is fun. War is thrilling; war is drudgery. War make you a man; war makes you dead."


--Tim O'Brien, The Things They Carried*



*I first read The Things They Carried when I was a junior in high school. The minute I opened it, I couldn't put it down. It quickly became my favorite book, and still remains so. The rhetoric is fluid and the imagery is astonishing. The majority of my copy is highlighted and written all over marking passages that struck me. And although it's a work of fiction, I finished it convinced it was a memoir. I highly recommend reading it.

Do you have a favorite literature quote? Email it to me!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...